Engine Management Unit Analog – NMEA2000
Share engine information on the NMEA 2000® bus…
The Actisense EMU-1 is a specialised analogue to NMEA 2000 Gateway which converts data from analogue engine senders into NMEA 2000. The EMU-1 enables NMEA 2000 display devices to monitor the engine on a vessel.
The EMU-1 has a PC based configuration tool that allows the settings inside the EMU-1 to be changed to best suit the engine it is working with, making it a flexible solution for many engine makes and models. Capable of measuring a wide range of engine parameters, the EMU-1 reports how the engine is operating and shares the information across the network.
Designed to simplify the conversion of analogue engine parameters (e.g. Temperature, pressure and RPM) into NMEA 2000 engine PGNs, the EMU-1 simplifies processes and reduces the number of input/output wires required at each engine. Additionally, the EMU-1 also supports the conversion of analogue transmission parameters and battery status to the associated NMEA 2000 PGN’s.
The two-part screw terminal connection system allows for an easy pluggable connection to an engine wiring harness.
Multiple engines are supported by the setting of the engine instance using the EMU-1 configuration tool. Currently one EMU-1 per engine is supported. Support for multiple engines on a single EMU-1 is currently planned as a future firmware update.
The customised case ensures that the electronics are sealed while allowing quick access to the electrical connections.
It is recommended that an Actisense NGT-1 NMEA 2000 PC Interface is available for every EMU-1 installation. The NGT-1 can be used to update the Firmware, connect the Configuration Tool and display data on a PC for diagnostic and information purposes, using NMEA Reader. Please visit the NGT-1 page for product details.
- 6 gauge inputs
- 4 alarm inputs
- 2 tacho inputs
- Logs total engine time using the tacho inputs
- 2 auxiliary inputs for additional flexibility
- Simple single wire gauge connections; common ground referenced
- Manual measurements not required when configuring
- Firmware can be updated over NMEA 2000 network
- Easy customisation for different installations (requires an NGT-1 and PC software)
- Waterproof electronics and splash-proof connections
- Pluggable connectors for quick and easy installation
- Optional DIN rail mounting kit available
There are no reviews yet.