34ST Compact Above Deck Electric Full Stainless Winch Variable Speed – 12V
Andersen Compact Motor™ electric winches allow you to hoist and trim sails at the push of a button regardless of physical strength, so any crew member can easily and safely trim sails and control lines.
Ease of installation
The Andersen Compact Motor™ electric winch is available in two formats for either Above Deck or Below Deck motor placement. Motor gearbox and controller are integrated into one compact unit with no extra control box necessary. Simplified electrical installation requires just the connection of positive and negative power cables to the motor terminals and the connection of the push button using the included output cable.
Efficient, variable speed
The Andersen Compact Motor™ is a brushless DC motor carefully matched to a low profile planetary gearbox which requires less space for installation, and draws considerably less current than traditional motor/gearbox configurations. Available in 12 volt and 24 volt models, Compact Motor™ electric winches operate at variable speed in proportion to the pressure applied to the push button, for smooth and quiet operation.
Illuminated “intelligent” push button
Compact Motor™ winches are supplied with a push button with integrated LED which illuminates when power to the winch system is on. The push button incorporates a hinged safety cover to prevent inadvertent winch operation and is water resistant rated to IP67. The push button also acts with the controller to flash status codes that assist with trouble shooting in the event of overload or where other system protection intervention occurs. A cable for connection of the push button is included for convenient installation.
– Integrated overload protection – The controller is pre-set to stop the winch if the maximum pull load is exceeded. Operation can resume within a few seconds when the load returns below the limit.
– Thermal overload protection – The motor is fitted with a thermal cutout that disables the motor in case of overheating; it automatically resets after the temperature returns to normal.
Mounting of an Above Deck Compact Motor™ winch on a vertical surface is not recommended, as it increases exposure to potential problems of excessive moisture and water ingress which could lead to damage not covered by warranty. The motor/gearbox unit of any Above Deck Compact Motor? Electric Winch is more exposed to the elements than a below deck installation which keeps the motor unit and gearbox more protected. It is important to take reasonable precautions to protect the unit from unnecessary exposure, and carry out regular seasonal maintenance including the lubrication of the motor shaft seal. This is just good seamanship. On commercial and military vessels, it is common to see exposed equipment with electric motors and gearboxes fitted with covers when not in use or to protect them from heavy spray, etc. Equipment on yachts deserves the same proper care.
- Drum: 2-3/4 in. (70 mm)
- Base: 4-15/16 in. (125 mm)
- Height: 5-13/16 in. (147 mm)
- Line Entry: 5-15/16 in. (151 mm)
- Line Size: 5/16-9/16 in. (8-14 mm)
- Weight: 35.3 lbs. (16 kg)
- Max Deck Thickness: 1-3/4 in. (45 mm)
- Motor Height: 3-3/8 in. (85 mm)
- Motor: 7-7/8 in. (200 mm)
- Motor Depth: 1-9/16 in. – 2-15/16 in. (40 mm -75 mm)
There are no reviews yet.