HSC100 High Performance Fluxgate Sensor
Accurate compass heading data remains a fundamental parameter for marine navigation and the HSC100 uses fluxgate technology to deliver heading data for on board systems. Typical applications include enabling course up and true motion type displays on chart plotters, radar overlay onto electronic charts and stabilisation of radars when used for MARPA/ARPA target tracking. Integrated instrument systems can also benefit from having compass information to calculate real time tidal set and drift when interfaced with a log and GPS.
- High speed (10Hz) NMEA electronic fluxgate compass sensor
- Ideal for use with radar overlay and MARPA target tracking systems
- Industry standard NMEA 0183 HDG output
- Gimbaled to 45 degrees
- 12/24V DC operation with minimal power consumption
- Waterproof to IPx7 and suitable for external mounting on steel hulled vessels
- Automatic calibration routine and manual compass offset feature
- Additional AD10 heading output for interface with Furuno systems
- LED status indicator
- 15m interconnect cable
Most low cost heading sensors only output data at 1Hz (once per second) but the HSC100 outputs at 10Hz which is required for MARPA target tracking and accurate radar overlays.
The HSC100 is waterproof so it can be mounted externally on steel hulled vessels. It also features an automatic calibration routine to compensate for the effects of nearby magnetic influences. This involves turning the boat through 1.5 circles at a constant angular velocity whilst in calibration mode. Once completed, typical accuracies are within 0.5 degrees
There are no reviews yet.