PilotLINK2 Class A Pilot Plug WiFi Interface
There are well over 100,000 Class A AIS systems installed on vessels globally. While the latest Class A AIS transponders (like the Digital DeepSea CLA2000) already have a wireless interface incorporated for iPad and tablet connectivity, many systems just use a standardized “Pilot Plug” wired interface. This Amphenol standard multi-pin design allows NMEA AIS and GPS data to be accessed from the transponder and pilots and delivery captains would use a simple USB interface cable for their personal PC-based ECDIS system. However, more and more captains now choose to use an iPad or tablet so need wireless connectivity.
PilotLINK2 allows these Class A transponders to interface with the latest range of mobile devices including iPhones, tablets, and PCs/MACs. Applications range from maritime pilots to survey ship charter users who may want access to the ship’s AIS and GPS data.
- Connects to any standard “Pilot Plug” connector
- USB powered for easy portability power from any USB source, adaptor, or power pack
- Creates secure password protected wifi network
- Can also join another wifi network if preferred
- Easy web interface with useful diagnostics display and Class A static, dynamic, and voyage data displays
- Works with 100’s apps iSailor, Navionics, iNAVx, NavLINK, TZ iBoat, Imray, NV Charts, AquaMaps, Weather 4D, etc
- TCP/IP and UDP protocols supported
- The raw data log function
Set up of PilotLINK is simple using any web browser on the connected device. View data, set up wireless passwords or join another wireless network and also view Class A AIS status. Your favourite apps connect using TCP/IP or UDP protocols.
The data monitor shows a list of raw NMEA data. You can also log this data for analysis if required.
There are no reviews yet.