HIT Inflatable PFD for Law Enforcement – Orange/Black – Automatic/Manual
The award-winning MD3183 LE Inflatable PFD with HIT (Hydrostatic Inflator Technology) is Mustang Survival’s top-of-the-line inflatable PFD. Designed for serious users with exclusive technology that enhances safety and minimizes maintenance, this is our most popular inflatable PFD.
The Hydrostatic Inflator Technology offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertently due to rain, spray, or humidity. E xclusive to Mustang Survival in North America and maintenance-free for 5 years from the date of manufacture or until inflated.
Made for the most severe marine environments the Inflatable PFD with HIT will meet the challenges of the most demanding users. It also features the patented SecureZip™ closure system to ensure the PFD will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity and still open effortlessly upon inflation. The MD3183 LE includes a back flap that can be silkscreened with your department identification. This low-profile PFD is designed to be worn in conjunction with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and is lightweight and comfortable enough that you’ll forget you’re wearing a PFD.
*Upon inflation, it is essential to inspect and re-arm your PFD before next use.
- Low maintenance Hydrostatic Inflator Technology only inflates when submerged in water, minimizing accidental inflation
- Inflator is maintenance-free for 5 years from date of manufacture
- Status indicator window: green means it’s ready to go
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Identify your department with custom silk screened backflap
- SecureZip™ closure
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on bladder
- Backup oral inflation tube
- D-ring for kill-switch attachment
- Neoprene Comfort Collar
- U.S.C.G. – Marine Buoyant Devices 160.076 – Type II Recreational
- U.S.C.G. – Marine Buoyant Devices 160.076 – Type V Commercial
- Color – Orange/Black
- Inflation – Automatic/Manual
- CO2 Cylinder Size – 33 gram
- Size – Universal Adult
- Chest Size – 30″ to 52″ (76 to 132 cm)
- Weight Capacity – ≥ 80 lb (≥36 kg)
*Sold as an Individual
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including ANTIMONY OXIDE (ANTIMONY TRIOXIDE),N,N-Dimethylformamide which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.