Macerator Pump – 24v w/Barb Adapter
Macerator pumps are the key to a number of important chores on a boat! The most important is to work when it is needed. While macerator pumps are generally used to empty holding tanks they can also be used to empty fish boxes. Raritan had two goals in mind when it set out to design a better macerator. The first is the run dry time because as most owners know when you flip the switch to begin emptying the tank you don’t always remember to turn it back off and the number one enemy of any macerator pump is running without liquid going thru it. Nothing destroys a pump faster than running dry.
Raritan developed a plastic housing and impeller combination that resists burnout longer than any macerator on the market today. To try and prevent these things from ruining a trip Raritan also designed the Smart Macerator Control which has several key design features. Probably the most relevant is the ability to shut the pump off as soon as it senses it is running dry. An all to common problem with macerators is the fact they sit for extended periods of time so the macerator control is also designed to “jog” the impeller once a week when power is on. This “jog” prevents the impeller from taking a shape and helps to ensure the pump will empty the tank when requested.
- All stainless steel bolts to avoid corrosion problems
- Spring loaded Viton shaft seal is used to prevent premature leaks
- Proprietary rubber impeller compound allows longer dry running time
- Pump: Self priming Flexible rubber impeller with stainless steel wearplate
- Impeller: Raritan Proprietary Nitrile compound
- Blade: Stainless steel double cut
- Seal: Viton Lip with 316 SS spring and case
- Motor: Permanent magnet type, fully enclosed, stainless steel shaft, thermal protection for overload, Powder coated housing with sealed ball bearing
- Ports: Inlet: 1-1/2″ hose barb & 1-1/2″ NPT Male
- Outlet: 3/4″ MNPT
- Lead wires: 14 GA, Red and black
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Approvals: Ignition protected, ISO 8846